SOAR Braehead, Kings Inch Road
tel: 0871 222 5672
Getting to Venue
- There is a free Car Park at this venue with allocated bays for disable badge holders.
- The drop off point is at the front of the building.
- The closest railway station is Hillington West and is a 38 minute walk to the venue. Visit ScotRail for more information and to book your train tickets.
- The closest subway station is Partick or Govan and there are easy to reach bus stops from either station to complete the remainder of the journey.
a. The closest bus stop is Braehead. McGills' Clyde Flyer services (901, 906 and 907) plus the X7 and X23 combine to provide an express service up to eight times an hour throughout the day from/to Glasgow City Centre.
b. First Glasgow's service 77 runs to/from the centre up to every 10 minutes throughout the day from/to Buchanan Bus Station via Charing Cross and Partick Transport Interchange, for connections with local rail services and the SPT Subway.
c. McGills services 21, 26 and 101 combine to provide up to 12 buses an hour throughout the day from/to Paisley town centre via Renfrew. Travel time is around 25-30 minutes, these services also provide convenient links to local rail services at Paisley Gilmour Street.
- The main access for the venue is via front door of building and Snow Factor is located on first floor.
- The main wheelchair access for the venue is available through the main building doors.
- The outside pavement is flush with the entrance to the building.
- The entrance doors open automatically.
- There are no steps between the entrance and the event space.
- There is an accessible lift.
Inside the Venue
- There are disabled toilets located on the ground floor of the main building and also on first floor of Snow Factor
- There is a bar open for the event and it is wheelchair accessible (Bar Varia).
- The venue does not have induction loops or infrared.
- Are guide dogs welcome? Yes
Where the Event is Taking Place
- There is seating available.
- The event space floor is snow on the slope and wooden and tiled in Bar Varia.
- The slope will be set with emergency lighting only suitable for the film showing.
- The venue is well ventilated.
Please note that the Ice Bar does not have any disabled access and is not suitable for anybody with mobility issues
Sledging is also not suitable for anybody with severe mobility issues