GFF is committed to ensuring an open and accessible environment for everyone.
Glasgow Film Theatre
12 Rose Street
Tel: 0141 332 6565
Getting to and from the Venue
- The GFT does not have its own car park. The nearest public car park is Cambridge Street Car Park, located off Cowcaddens Road.
- There are 9 accessible parking spaces available at Cambridge Street. These are marked Blue Badge bays. Blue Badge holders may park free of charge and without limit.
- There is a convenient drop off point located directly in front of the venue. The drop off point does not have a drop curb.
- The nearest train stations are Queen Street and Central Station (both are 0.5 mile away from GFT). Visit ScotRail to book your train travel. (Click here for station accessibility information)
- The nearest underground is Cowcaddens (0.5 miles away from GFT). Further access information can be found here. This underground is not accessible to wheelchair users.
- The closest bus stops are on Sauchiehall Street, near ABC O2 or on Hope Street near Watt Brothers. Buses servicing these stops include First Bus, Glasgow City Bus, City Sightseeing, McGills Bus and Stuarts Bus. Some buses are accessible for wheelchair users. More detailed information is available on First Bus website.
- The main entrance to GFT is located at 12 Rose Street. The main door is also the main wheelchair access point into the venue.
- The pavement slopes to access the main entrance door. There is level access into the venue. The outside pavement is flush with the left hand side entrance to the building.
- The main doors open automatically and open towards you when exiting the building. This is the only entrance for public use.
- GFT has 2 accessible lifts. One is in the main foyer and the other is next to the toilets by Cinema 2 & 3 via ramp access. The controls for the lift are within reach for a wheelchair user.If using the main foyer lift please stand clear as the lift doors open and when inside, do not stand to close to the lift walls as the sensors for activating the lift are very sensitive.
Inside the Venue
- There are 2 accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use. The toilet is not for the sole use of people with a disability. Accessible toilets are open to all that need them regardless of impairment, long term condition or disability.
- GFT now has 2 accessible lifts. The foyer lift accesses ground, level 1 and level 2. The lift by cinema 2 and 3 accesses level 3 (the back of cinema 1). If you only require to access Cinema 1 please use the lift situated by cinema 2 and 3.
- All bar areas are accessible via stairs or lift (both lifts are wheelchair accessible)
- The lower bar on level 1 is wheelchair accessible. If you are a wheelchair user please use the foyer lift and go to Level 1. Currently the new balcony bar is not wheelchair accessible. For patrons this may affect- please let a member of the front of house team know and drinks can be served in the ground floor foyer area.
- All screens have an infrared service available at the box office. Cinema 3 also has an induction loop.
- Assistance dogs are welcome in all areas of GFT. Water bowls are available from the kiosk and upstairs café.
Inside the cinemas
- All events will be seated with Cinema style, pop up seats.
- Each cinema screen has accessible wheelchair spaces. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your space.
- The flooring is short pile carpet
- The venue is well lit. Cinema 2 and Cinema 3 stairs are lit at all times.
- The venue is well ventilated.
GFT also offers an infrared sound facility for the hearing-impaired. This enables you to control the volume at which you listen to the film. Please ask at Box Office for a head set.